Properly trained repair technicians are important to your business.
U.S. Rehab Tech Training is a two-day seminar on power and manual wheelchair repair. A beginner, intermediate, and advanced track are offered to allow education content to be tailored to the attendees’ skill levels.
After this class you'll be able to...
- Identify the tools that a wheelchair technician needs to rapidly and correctly diagnose and perform repairs on manual and power wheelchairs.
- Explain the operation of the major electrical components used in wheelchair controllers.
- Demonstrate the procedures necessary to troubleshoot electrical issues with wheelchair electronics.
- Select and inspect batteries for the DME industry.
We suggest that techs with less than one year of experience attend the beginner track as it provides a basic foundation training for new technicians.
- Manual equipment: Repairs, adjustments, and other major aspects.
- Power foundations: Electronics basics, battery theory, and troubleshooting tactics.
- Power equipment: Basic programming of power chair electronics, acceleration, speed, and other foundational programming tools.
We suggest that techs with at least one year of experience and are looking at moving into a rehab tech position attend the intermediate track as it provides an overview for seating and positioning, CRT wheelchairs, and power programming introduction.
- CRT manual equipment: Aspects of proper set up and adjustments to CRT rigid frame wheelchairs.
- Seating basics: Evaluate potential seating issues and adjusting equipment appropriately based on evaluation.
- Power programming: Electronics programming for various electronic platforms and programming features.
We suggest ATPs looking for in-depth technical training or experienced techs with an understanding of basic electronics, programming, seating and positioning attend this track.
- Power equipment: Programming specifics for various electronics platforms and set up for complex rehab settings from proportional controls to switch controls, drive systems, and external control options and set up.